Title: Senior Attorney
Toni Kalliokoski is a senior attorney in D&I’s Dispute Resolution and Competition & Public Procurement teams. He specialises in competition litigation, antitrust damages and other complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Dittmar & Indrenius in 2010, he worked as a consultant at McKinsey & Company. Toni graduated from the University of Helsinki in 2007 and also holds a degree in English Language.
Toni is the author and co-author of several articles on competition litigation, and he is a co-author of the first Finnish book on antitrust damages. He is preparing a PhD thesis on antitrust damages at the University of Helsinki.
Toni is a member of the Finnish Bar Association, the Finnish Competition Law Association and the European Law Association.
Joined Dittmar & Indrenius: 2010
Education: University of Helsinki (LL.M. 2007; LL.B. 2006; B.A. 2004, in English Language)
Languages: Finnish, Swedish and English
Publications & Lectures: Author of a number of publications on competition law litigation
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Competition Litigation 2018 - Finland Chapter
- Kalliokoski, Toni: Kilpailuoikeudellisen vahingonkorvausdirektiivin vaikutuksia oikeustilaan Suomessa [Effects of the Antitrust Damages Directive on the Law in Finland]. Finnish Competition Law Association's Yearbook 2015, pp. 35–60.
- Laurila, Hanna – Kalliokoski, Toni: Developments in Finnish Private Antitrust Litigation: Finland Fast-Forwards into the Future? E.C.L.R. Volume 35, Issue 11 2014, pp. 519–524.
- Connor, John M. – Kalliokoski, Toni: The Finnish Asphalt Cartel Court Decision on Damages: An Important EU Precedent and Victory for Plaintiffs. CPI Antitrust Chronicle, February 2014 (2).
- Kalliokoski, Toni – Virtanen, Pirita: Kilpailuoikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus asfalttikartellituomion valossa [Antitrust Damages in Light of the Asphalt Cartel Judgment]. Defensor Legis 1/2014, pp. 29–46.
- Havu, Katri – Kalliokoski, Toni – Wikberg, Olli: Kilpailuoikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus [Antitrust Damages], Edita, 2010.
- Havu, Katri – Kalliokoski, Toni: Kilpailu-oikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus suomalaisessa lainsoveltamisessa [Antitrust Damages in Finnish Legal Praxis]. Defensor Legis 3/2009, pp. 445–460.
Toni frequently lectures at legal seminars on topics related to antitrust damages and competition litigation.
Toni Kalliokoski focuses on local and cross-border antitrust damages litigation, and is commended by clients for being "very quick and to the point." – Chambers Europe 2017
Toni Kalliokoski is noted for his analytical skill: "He finds the most important points quickly, and can analyse and pick out the most important aspects." He is recognised for his expertise in damages and private enforcement litigation; he is also experienced in EU state aid matters. – Chambers Europe 2016
Representative Work: Representing a number of claimant cities and municipalities in a precedent-setting antitrust damages case that follows the conviction of a nation-wide asphalt cartel.
Representing one of the defendants in an antitrust damages case that follows the conviction of a car spare parts cartel.
Representing a global accounting and advisory firm against criminal charges and civil liabilities in a professional negligence case.