Title: Partner, Co-Head of Corporate Advisory & CSR
Partner Kari Lautjärvi is the Co-head of Corporate Advisory and CSR practice at Dittmar & Indrenius.
Kari's fields of expertise cover all legal aspects of corporate advisory, finance and capital markets as well as mergers and acquisitions. During his nearly 30 years practice Kari has advised clients on domestic and cross-border M&A and finance transactions as well as other legal matters of broad range.
Kari also acts as an arbitrator both in domestic and international arbitral proceedings. He has also hold board memberships in numerous Finnish and international companies. Before joining Dittmar & Indrenius in 2011 Kari made a distinguished career as a partner in other leading law firms in Finland.
Joined Dittmar & Indrenius: 2011
Education: University of Helsinki, Doctor of Laws (LL.D., 2015); Harvard Law School (LL.M., 1986); Trained at the Bench, 1982 – 1983; University of Helsinki (LL.M., 1981)
Languages: Finnish, Swedish and English
Publications & Lectures: Kari is a regular speaker at Finnish and international conferences and seminars and an author of several articles and publications.
Recommendations: Kari has regularly been listed as one of the leading lawyers in Finland in the areas of finance and capital markets, e.g. in such international legal directories as Chambers Global and Europe, Legal 500, IFLR, European Legal Experts, PLC Which Lawyer? and Who's Who Legal.
"A former president of the Finnish Bar Association, Kari Lautjärvi is universally admired by interviewees for his decades of experience in banking and securities law." - Chambers Global 2013 & Chambers Europe 2013
Professional Memberships and Positions of Trust:
- President of the Finnish Bar Association 2004 – 2007, (Vice-President 2001 – 2004, Board Member 1998 – 2001)
- Chairman of the Board of the Finnish Bar Association's Foundation 2015 -
- Member of the IBA Council 2004 – 2007
- Co-Vice Chair of the IBA Professional Ethics Committee 2007 – 2008
- Head of the CCBE Finnish Delegation 2001 – 2007
- Member of the CCBE Corporate Social Responsibility Committee 2012 –
- Member of Crisis Management Initiative (CMI) 2008 –, Board Member 2013 –
- Member of the Council of the International Legal Assistance Consortium (ILAC) 2012 –
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association 1986 –
- Member of the Finnish Arbitration Association 2010 –
- Member of Directors` Institute of Finland