Title: Senior Attorney
Toni Kalliokoski is a senior attorney in D&I’s Dispute Resolution and Competition & Public Procurement teams. He specialises in competition litigation and antitrust damages. He also practises real estate law as well as corporate and commercial law.
Prior to joining Dittmar & Indrenius in 2010, he worked as a consultant at McKinsey & Company. Toni graduated from the University of Helsinki in 2007 and also holds a degree in English Language.
Toni is the author and co-author of several articles on competition litigation and he is a co-author of the first Finnish book on antitrust damages. He is preparing a PhD thesis on antitrust damages at the University of Helsinki.
Toni is a member of the Finnish Bar Association.
Joined Dittmar & Indrenius: 2010
Education: University of Helsinki (LL.M. 2007; LL.B. 2006; B.A. 2004, in English Language)
Languages: Finnish, Swedish and English
Publications & Lectures: Co-author in a number of articles on competition law
- Kalliokoski, Toni: Kilpailuoikeudellisen vahingonkorvausdirektiivin vaikutuksia oikeustilaan Suomessa [Effects of the Antitrust Damages Directive on the Law in Finland]. Finnish Competition Law Association's Yearbook 2015, pp. 35–60.
- Laurila, Hanna – Kalliokoski, Toni: Developments in Finnish Private Antitrust Litigation: Finland Fast-Forwards into the Future? E.C.L.R. Volume 35, Issue 11 2014, pp. 519–524.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Competition Litigation 2015 - Finland Chapter
- Connor, John M. – Kalliokoski, Toni: The Finnish Asphalt Cartel Court Decision on Damages: An Important EU Precedent and Victory for Plaintiffs. CPI Antitrust Chronicle, February 2014 (2).
- Kalliokoski, Toni – Virtanen, Pirita: Kilpailuoikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus asfalttikartellituomion valossa [Antitrust Damages in Light of the Asphalt Cartel Judgment]. Defensor Legis 1/2014, pp. 29–46.
- Havu, Katri – Kalliokoski, Toni – Wikberg, Olli: Kilpailuoikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus [Antitrust Damages], Edita, 2010.
- Havu, Katri – Kalliokoski, Toni: Kilpailu-oikeudellinen vahingonkorvaus suomalaisessa lainsoveltamisessa [Antitrust Damages in Finnish Legal Praxis]. Defensor Legis 3/2009, pp. 445–460.
Commercial and non-commercial lectures on antitrust damages.
Representative Work: Advising and representing a number of claimants in a precedent-setting antitrust damages case that follows the conviction of a nation-wide asphalt cartel.
Advising and representing one of the respondents in an antitrust damages case that follows the conviction of a motor vehicle spare parts cartel.
Advising a leading Finnish industrial company in arbitration proceedings concerning liability in a global product recall.
Representing a major computer manufacturer in administrative proceedings concerning alleged abuse of a dominant position.
Advising a major real estate invest fund in the management and sales of its real estate portfolio.
Advising a large European investment company in the acquisition of a business park in Finland.
Advising a leading international retail chain in the management of the real estate law aspects of its Finnish store portfolio.